- Tips to help you keep smiling through the holidays
Tips to help you keep smiling through the holidays
The holiday season is a time of excitement and cheer. However, all the seasonal activities, family visits and holiday shopping can also lead to a lot of pressure, which can adversely affect your oral health. Delta Dental and the TRICARE Retiree Dental Program (TRDP) offer some tips for relieving seasonal stress and minimizing its effect on your oral health:
- Practice good oral hygiene by brushing and flossing daily, and visiting your TRDP participating network dentist regularly.
- Eat a balanced diet and get plenty of sleep.
- Lower stress by reducing your commitments.
- Get physical: Try exercise, massage and physical therapy.
- Share your feelings with a counselor or trusted family members and friends.
- Set aside time to relax, meditate and read.
Be sure to talk to your dentist if you:
- Grind or clench your teeth
- Experience jaw pain
- Have inflamed or bleeding gums
- Develop frequent canker sores
For more tips and articles on how to keep your teeth healthy during the holidays, visit Delta Dental’s SmileWay® wellness site.
Last updated: December 2016